Health Watch USA Logo  Report an Incident 

 Subscribe Newsletter
 Report an Incident Misson & Positions

HW USA is a 501C3
To Contact
Health Watch USAsm

please use the following
E-Mail Address:

n the gap between excellence and perfection, there is suffering, harm, tragedy, and death."
-- Jim Conway


Report an Incident in Kentucky:  Concerns about the quality of healthcare delivery in hospitals can be reported to the quality assurance department in the hospital and to outside agencies.    In Kentucky Healthcare Workers making a report have legal protection under the law (KRS 216B.165).  If a concern exists regarding the quality of delivered healthcare a report should also always be made to the provider and/or facility.  At a hospital you can report your concerns to the charge nurse, the quality assurance officer, the chief executive officer (CEO) or a hospital board member.  At the same time, or if a remedy has not occured, you can also report to a State or Federal Agency.
       View Kentucky Quality Assurance Laws        Kentucky Healthcare Worker Whistleblower Protection Act

A guide for documenting and reporting patient abuse and neglect in nursing homes (but is also  applicable to other healthcare facilities) is available from the Kentucky Attorney General's Office.   
  "A Guide For Taking Action Against Abuse and Neglect".

I.  The State's Office of Inspector General   In Kentucky, this office will contact you with the results and all results can be obtained through the Freedom of Information Act.  Reports can be made confidentiality which will protect the identity of the person making the report.

Contact information can be found at:   

In Kentucky EVERYONE must report adult or child abuse and neglect to the Division of Community Based Services. 

How to report fraud and abuse:     

II.  Kentucky Office of the Ombudsman  This office advocates for consumers and investigates complaints regarding public services and programs.    

Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations    This is a non-profit agency which accredits most hospitals.  Loss of accreditation will result in a loss of Medicare and Medicaid funding.   
         The Joint Commission does not release their complete findings--See letter

Complaints may be filed at 

Fax:          Office of Quality Monitoring  (630) 792-5636

Snail Mail:   Office of Quality Monitoring
                  Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations
                  One Renaissance Boulevard
                  Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181

Quality Incident Online Report Form: